Online Legacy Bootcamp
Are you struggling to get your legacy / planned gift / bequest / gift in wills program off the ground?
Has your legacy program stalled because you don’t have enough hours in the day to grow your pipeline?
Are you afraid to miss out on the multi-billion dollar/euro/peso/pound/yen wealth transfer expected over the next 20 years?
Do you wish to get the training you need from the comfort of your desk or couch?
The Online Legacy Bootcamp is the solution you’ve been looking for!
During this 6-months online legacy coaching program you will learn step-by-step how to:
- Establish a legacy program,
- Build a robust infrastructure (policies, procedures and administrative systems),
- Identify top legacy prospects,
- Develop impactful and inspiring legacy marketing materials (print, web, video, social media, telemarketing),
- Build a sustainable legacy pipeline,
- Make a legacy ask,
- Administer legacy gifts (estates) and show impact, and
- Report and monitor your legacy program.
At the end of the program, you will have a fully established legacy program and you will be on your way to growing a successful pipeline.
The 5 Ws of the program
The formula is simple. This is what you’ll get from the program:
- One monthly live webinar (recorded for you to view over and over again),
- Slide decks, tools, templates, samples, worksheets, and handouts,
- Short assignments to ensure you are implementing your program and everyone is held accountable,
- Special guests,
- Access to my personal directory of fundraising and legacy resources (I mean hundreds of papers, conference presentations, articles, research, etc),
- Small group so you can have my full and undivided attention,
- Access to a private Facebook group to engage and discuss topics throughout the course,
- One 45-minute group coaching call per month
- One individual, one-on-one, 30-minute coaching call per month scheduled by you and as needed (you decide),
- Six CFRE credits at the end of the program,
- Certificate of completion (digital),
- Have fun while learning and making new professional connections.
Your commitment throughout the program:
- Implement your legacy program,
- Set a non-financial goal for your legacy program,
- Attend a minimum of 4 of the 6 webinars and group coaching sessions,
- Schedule a minimum of 2 one-on-one coaching sessions,
- Plan for approximately 1 hour of prep time per month for readings and homework.
Free Bonus Material
Before starting the Online Legacy Bootcamp, watch this free 40-minute webinar on how to build a case for launching a legacy program.
You can follow along by downloading the slide deck: Building a Case for Legacies
If you want to speak with Ligia about the program, book her now.
You want to run a smooth legacy program and for that, you’ll need a robust infrastructure. This month, we’ll cover the following:
- Creating policies and procedures for legacy gifts and endowments
- Build a budget for your program
- Build your experts’ panel
- Database business procedures
Lead generation is the key to a growing an engaged and progressively-moving pipeline. This exciting module will teach you:
- What are the statistical predispositions for legacy giving
- Data segmentation matrix & prioritizing prospects
- Creating a systematic 4-step legacy pipeline
- Designing engagement opportunities at every stage of the pipeline
Inspirational, donor-centered, and emotive marketing materials can make or break your legacy program. This important module will cover:
- What the science tells us about how people make decisions
- Legacy marketing best practices
- Building a legacy survey
- Create your inspiring legacy proposition
- Printed and digital brochures, ads, videos, letters and appeals
Asking for a legacy gift differs from a monthly or even a major giving. This month you’ll flex your asking muscles and learn ...
- How to secure a visit
- How to structure (warm up, what to ask) your visit and ask
- Follow-up and next steps after the visit
- Ethical considerations when working with older donors
*Optional: invite senior management or board members to this session*
You got the pledge, you stewarded your donor and then you are notified the donor has passed and the donation is coming. This month you’ll learn how to administer the gift and work with the family or executor.
- Steps and procedures following a death notification
- Administering the gift
- Reporting back on the impact
*Optional: invite your Director of Finance or Finance Chair on the board to this session*
Peter Drucker is often credited for saying “What gets measured gets managed”. This month you’ll learn all about reporting, tracking your progress and building on your results such as:
- Identifying the right KPIs to track
- Defining your KPIs
- Developing a legacy dashboard tailor-made for your organization
- Developing your legacy strategy based on your insights
* Optional: invite your CEO/ED or board members to this session*
Ligia, how much does the program cost?
I know, professional development budgets are always on the chopping block. But, without continuous learning, how will you serve your beneficiaries and donors as they deserve?
- 6 1-hour webinars (CFRE credits included)
- 6 1-hour group coaching sessions (with guest speakers)
- 6 30-minute individual coaching sessions (to be scheduled by you)
- Slide decks for every webinar
- Guest speakers from industry experts
- More than 20 templates
- Articles and latest research on legacy giving and donor behaviour
- Access to my Fundraising Resources Library where you’ll find papers, slide decks, templates, book reviews, etc. accumulated throughout my years in fundraising
Are you in? Are you ready to start?
Don’t need any more convincing? GREAT!